Medical and Mental Healthcare Providers
With more and more children, youth and adults coming out as transgender, it is critical that healthcare professionals understand the needs of people of all ages, gender identities and gender expressions.
Transformation Journeys Worldwide offers cultural competency training for both medical and mental healthcare providers. Depending on the specific needs of your practice, topics covered in our trainings may include:
- Cultural assumptions about gender and how they impact our understanding of trans people
- Transgender terms and identities
- The three aspects of transitioning
- Trans children and youth
- Research on biological causes of trans gender identity
- Health disparities among transgender people
- Cultural challenges and their impact on trans people’s physical and mental health
- Respectful interactions
- Creating and marketing trans welcoming practices
In collaboration with the directors of Sage Counseling Center, we offer an LPCA of Georgia certified training: “Trans I Am - The Ethical and Clinical Importance of Learning about the Transgender Experience.”
Transformation Journeys Worldwide also provides Consulting Services designed to keep your practice or organization:
- Compliant with local, state and federal mandates regarding transgender employees
- Competitive with trans inclusive policies and procedures that position you to avoid negative publicity, recruit and retain the best talent
Our clients include Kaiser Permanente, Emory Healthcare System, Sage Center for Counseling, Consulting and Creative Community Wellness, and the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians.
What Others are Saying
Linda and Gabrielle presented an engaging, interactive and thought-provoking lecture at the annual Georgia Academy of Family Physicians meeting, as part of a day-long Transgender Medicine education track. As the first presenters, they set the tone for the day by inspiring conversation and highlighting the need for healthcare professionals to understand how to welcome trans patients. Most importantly, they gave a heartfelt presentation with persuasive and motivating evidence for why this is so important. I would highly recommend Gabrielle and Linda to any organization that cares about diversity and equality.
Isabel Lowell, MD, MBA
The "Trans I Am" counselors training was well rounded, informative, welcoming and powerful. Gabrielle and Linda are a dynamic team, and their passion and compassion permeate the training.
Mari I. Mars, MS, LAPC, NCC
Petrichor Counseling, LLC
Gabrielle and Linda presented their program "How to be Good Trans Allies at Work and in the World" to the Business Resource Group I co-lead, and it was wonderful. They shared very helpful information that outlined the experiences of trans people and how we in the healthcare field can more effectively support them. Super professional, detail-oriented and fun to work with.