Transformation Journeys Worldwide provides presentations and trainings for a wide range of non-profit organizations to increase understanding of trans people.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Having participated in Gabrielle's workshop (Making Your Pride Organization More Trans Friendly), at the NERP/POSE conference, when Heritage of Pride was seeking workshop leaders for our Executive Board Retreat, the decision was easy. We needed Gabrielle! Gabrielle took my call and listened to what we saw as our needs and goals. Her presentation addressed the areas that we requested, but she gave us so much more.
Let me just say that if your company or organization needs training or workshop facilitation, Gabrielle is your woman. Her communication was stellar, her demeanor both professional and familiar, and her knowledge excelled. We were so happy to have her and know that we will call on her again in the future.
Executive Board Co-Chair
Heritage of Pride, NYC
Based on the needs and interests of your group, topics covered in a training or presentation could include:
- Transgender terms and identities
- The three aspects of transitioning
- Transgender children and youth
- Cultural assumptions about gender and how they impact our understanding of trans people
- Research on biological causes of trans gender identity
- Cultural challenges experienced by trans people
- Respectful interactions
- Strategies for creating trans welcoming organizations
Previous titles include:
- Empowering Transgender Women and Girls for the Carter Center’s “Women, Religion, Violence, and Power” course
- Making Your PRIDE Organization Trans Friendly for InterPride’s 2017 International Conference, NYC Pride, Northeast Regional Pride, and Prides of the Southeast
- Inclusion for the Women’s March Celebration observance at the Georgia State Capitol
- Non-Binary Workplace Inclusion: A Case Study for the Georgia Diversity Council
- Beyond Diversity and Inclusion for Savannah Pride’s community education event
- How Various Faith Traditions Affirm the Trans Experience, a panel presentation at THEA’s Peach State Conference
- Transgender Workplace Inclusion for Goodwill of North Georgia
- The Genesis Gender Dilemma for Valdosta’s Annual Pride Interfaith Service
- Best Practices for Growing Your Business, panel presentation for the Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Early 2016, when all of the "bathroom bills" were being passed, I set the intention to get to know more transgender people, and Gabrielle appeared in my life! When I heard her and Linda speak about transgender concerns, it opened a whole new understanding and a whole new world for me. If you have an opportunity to hear them, GO!
What is Transgender? audience member